This is the basket liner I'm replacing. It's a perfectly good liner, but it's not what you would call "Period Correct" for either the SCA or a Renaissance Faire. I'm using bits of muslin left over from another project. I cut the pieces using this liner as a pattern, with the addition of a pocket on the front piece (I love pockets). Got everything stitched up and...it didn't fit. Grrrrr.
Really easy fix for it, all I have to do is slit the back side seam and put a gusset in there. I just don't understand where I went wrong. Oh well. I stitched a thin yellow ribbon on the sides and the back so that it will tie around the handles on the sides and the hinges on the back. I'll decorate it with the tags I've collected from various SCA and Renaissance events.
So, project list now looks like this:
1. Finish two pair of pants for Scott.
2. Perfect the pattern for an Elizabethan Corset. Yes I know I've been talking about this one for a very long time but, it's time has come.
3. Make Elizabethan Corset for Jenn..
4. Make Purple 16th century gown with a non-boned bodice as the corset mentioned above is worn underneath it. This will have set in sleeves that bell out and are lined in orange (silk if there is enough) and turned back. It will also have a split skirt attached.
5. Make Spiced Orange silk stomacher to go with above bodice.
6. Make Spiced Orange gored underskirt. (Are you noticing the pattern yet)
7. Make another pair of plain bloomers.
8. Make a pair of pj pants.
The bloomers are next. Then comes the Elizabethan Corset. This is a project that I've been putting off for a while now. Yes, Jenn, I know.