I started my bodice. Due to a rather bad Fibro flare I can only spend about an hour at the machine, but I did get some work done on the bodice. The fabric for this is from what I think was a very large purple brocade table cloth. I bought it off a friend. After cutting out the back and front pieces, I cut four small (6" x 4") pieces that I am going to round off and stiffen with some light weight interfacing for shoulder caps.
The first thing I did was to take a length of purple bias tape and ironed it out. I then folded it in half and ironed it again. I pinned it, then sewed it to the top of the back piece. This makes for a cleaner back and also eliminates the scratchy feeling you can sometimes get with a rough edge in the back of the neck.
After the bias tape was sewn in place, I sewed on the two front pieces at the shoulder area. I then flipped it over and folded over the back area where the bias tape was. I sewed this down and voila, a nice neat top back.
Isn't that brocade just Yummy! Next I sewed up the sides to about 9 1/2" from the shoulder seam for the arm holes. Tomorrow, I want to take care of the arm holes and the neckline. I really should have done the neckline before I sewed up the shoulders, but...ah well.
On a different note, my tomato seeds have all sprouted and my pepper seeds are starting to sprout.
|Here are the pepper seeds starting to come up.|
|Looks like I'll have a nice crop of tomatoes this year.|