Fairely Well Maid

Visit my store on Storenvy

Follow Me on Twitter

Thursday, April 19, 2012

15th century bodice - Done except the grommets

Today I put the shoulder caps on.  I put lightweight interface on both sides of the cap.  This gives it good stability without it being too stiff.

This is the inside of the shoulder cap.
Here it is right side out.
After sewing the shoulder caps together I pinned them to the inside of the armhole at the top.  I used the narrow end of my ironing board to do this as it flattened the top of the armhole so I could position the cap properly.

I was able to sew it on with the machine.  I was afraid that I would have to hand sew them on, and you all know how much I LOVE hand sewing.  Here is the finished product.  All I have to do now put in the grommets and sew over them.

Next is the Stomacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment