Fairely Well Maid

Visit my store on Storenvy

Follow Me on Twitter

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

11th century Bliaunt - Day 2

Today was sew the body pieces together, trim out the neckline and sew on the sleeves day.  I wanted to do the side gussets too, but I over did it with visiting my SIL at the hospital then running five different errands in five different stores, so I was completely out of energy.  But, I was determined to do some sewing today.

The first thing I did was sew some thin grosgrain ribbon on the top of the back piece.  This will make the back of the neckline look cleaner and make it smoother.  I trimmed the front neckline.  It came out more V neck instead of scoop with a keyhole.  I definitely need more practice with necklines other than square.  I may redo the trimming later.

Once the shoulder seams were sewn, I pinned the back neckline down and stitched it down.  I think it looks clean and neat.

I then centered the top of the sleeves on the shoulder seams and pinned them down.  Back over to the sewing machine to stitch them up. 

This is as far as I got today.  Tomorrow I want to get the gussets in and stitch up the sides and the under sleeve.  Then I can try it on and hem the sleeves, then trim them.  Last will be hemming the bottom and seeing if I have enough trim to do the whole hem.  If not, I may do something down the sides.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment