Fairely Well Maid

Visit my store on Storenvy

Follow Me on Twitter

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bodice - Day three

Kat came over on Saturday so I was able to fit her.  I took the straps in a bit because they would rub under the arms (not a good place for that).  I also took the back top down a bit and we needed to shorten it a bit.  What I did was push up the boning a bit and re-stitch the bottom.  I then sewed some muslin on the top so the bones won't slip out.  I trimmed the sides, after taking both in a 1/4" and trimmed the bottom.

I cut the interface that will stiffen the back and the straps.  I have to leave enough room at the outline so I can fold the red top material over and stitch it down.  That way I don't have to use bias tape around the edges.

Tomorrow is cutting the top red material, iron the interface in and sew the top and front seams together.  Then I need to cut the tails, sew them together and stitch to the top.  Set the grommets and she is done.

Here are pictures of my progress so far:

Here is the finished boning channels.  They won't slip out.

cut pieces of interface

these go on the back to add extra support without boning.

Hopefully, more pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment