My latest project is almost finished. This one gave me the figits. The first problem was the black cotton. It is what is, in my opinion sarcastically, called "Lively" yarn. In other words, it twists all to blazes. Not too bad if you are working with, say, a sport weight yarn and knitting or crocheting it. When it is a size 10 cotton string you are trying to tat. Yikes!
Second problem is that I haven't tatted with beads before, so, I was working on the assumption that stringing the beads on the ball and using that to create the chains. This is what you do when you are crocheting with beads. Not so easy, at least for me. I found that stringing the beads on another shuttle and using the two shuttle method is easier, for me.
OK. I learned a lot with this one. I really enjoy the outcome. Here is the band. I need to add a pendant or something else. Plus a way to clasp it.
Belated London Part the Fourth
2 months ago