I'm done. I sewed the trim on the bottom hem, using it to add a bit of length and even out the hemline a bit. I really like the way it came out. It looks much more professional and fits better.
Things I learned:
1) It pays to measure twice and cut only when certain of the measurements. The neckline and sleeves came out much better this time because of it.
2) It helps me to write out my plan ahead of time. I find a few bugs that way. Also, if you have a plan that has worked for you before and you need to alter it a bit, it is much easier to do this if you have a written plan.
3) Pinning is your friend. It takes a little longer but it really helps if you are uncertain about how a piece goes on.
Next is the Apron dress. I have a lovely piece of yellow broadcloth (I love the green and yellow combo, this is the third set I will have in these colors) that is going to be a Viking style apron dress. Stay tuned.
Belated London Part the Fourth
3 weeks ago