The robe is nice and simple. Basically a large rectangle sewn at the shoulders and seams on the front edges with a V cut out for the front. Here is what it looks like without the sleeves. I took advantage of the selvage edges which are finished and didn't hem it up.
Then I cut out the holes for the sleeves. I really don't like setting in sleeves but I am getting better at it. I managed to get them both on, right side in, in the first shot. I only had to touch up the bottom of the sleeve hole on one side.
I put a patch pocket on the right side. I'm not belting it because it's just for the pool. Here I am, really bad hair day.
practice getting stuff really even. I'm finding that it is a lot cheaper to make stuff than to buy it. Plus you are able to get the color you want.