It's been a while, but I'm back. It's just so hot in my sewing area that I haven't had the desire to sit there. But, well, I want a new summer shirt so it's Sewing Time.
I found the great, thin cotton material with embroidery. It's a dark ivory color. I'm going to make it into a 1/2 sleeve pullover with a scoop neck. I'm going to learn how to set in sleeves with the shoulders where they belong, instead of a drop shoulder. I'm also going to put a ruffle on the sleeve. I'm going to finish the neckline with bias tape. At least that is the plan.
I cut out the two body pieces, the sleeve pieces and 2 pieces of material double the width of the sleeve.
Here is the plan after I iron the pieces.
1. Sew the bias tape on the front and back neckline
2. Sew the shoulders together
3. Hem the ruffle pieces
4. Attach the ruffle pieces to the bottom of the sleeve pieces
5. Attach the sleeves to the body
6. Sew up side seams and under the arm
7. Hem the shirt
Stay tuned for how it goes.
12 hours ago