Today I pressed the seams along the gores. I measured top of the black panels and the red panels. I added 1/2 inch to each measurement so I could cut the waistbands. I cut a long rectangle 4 inches wide and the number of inches long. I sewed the two red pieces together (I couldn't get the length I needed from one piece) and that long red piece to one side of the black piece. I folded this long piece in half the long way, with the seams on the inside, and sewed it together.
I pinned it to the skirt, lining up the black seams. I will sew it up tomorrow and feed the elastic through. I plan on closing the waistband casing with hand stitching.
Then all I'll have to do is hem (yuck). I really don't like hemming.
Belated London Part the Fourth
2 months ago